Skip to main content

What to do with the leftover PL cards and die cuts……???

This month I had two Christmas parties to go to that requested a dish. The dish I decided to make was something I found on Pinterest last year called Neiman Marcus dip. I have to be honest it caught my eye first because of "Marcus" (that's my husband's name :)  but then I saw it had BACON in it soooooo, well, you know, everything is better with bacon! Anyway, my family loved this recipe last year and were asking for the recipe. I decided to create some cute recipe cards to sit by the dish for anyone that wanted it. I forgot to take pics from the first party :( Here is one of the recipe cards I created  for the second party.

I thought this was a great way to use up the left over Project Life cards and die cut pieces that we all have after our layouts/pages have been created. 

I used the Project Life Merry and Bright cards, Oh Deer! die cuts and Oh Deer! sequins.

I figured out the placement of the recipe on regular copy paper then placed the PL card over the print, used some washi tape to keep it in place while it traveled through my printer and Voila! The recipe card. :) 

Thanks for checking out my post! 


  1. What a great idea to use up those tidbits. Your recipe cards look fantastic!

  2. I love the idea of a decorated recipe card! What else can we bling up?

  3. Cheri that's a great idea! Ooh I could see a mini album like this!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel