Skip to main content

Guest Designer Sunday (Take Two) with Audrey Tokach

To create my card, I first watercolored a piece of patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket 8x8 Just Add Watercolor Paper pad. After the watercoloring was dry, I used the largest rectangle from the Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangles to diecut a piece from the fullsize sheet. Then I used the same die to cut a piece of white cardstock. I placed the Paper Smooches Butterfly Duet dies where I wanted them on the white cardstock and ran that through my diecut machine. Then I added the flight trails using the Paper Smooches Stitched Flourishes dies. I diecut the butterflies again, this time from vellum. I then adhered the watercolor piece to the back of the white diecut panel so that the watercolor would show through the die cut openings. Using a glue pen, I added a few dots of glue to the bodies of the vellum butterflies and glued them onto the watercolor piece. I placed acrylic blocks on top of the butterflies until I knew that the glue was dry, and then carefully folded up the wings of the vellum butterflies. Then I took a paintbrush and some gold metallic watercolor, and added paint splatters all over the panel. I wanted to bring out the gold foil in the watercolored layer, but I didn't want anything too over-the-top. Finally, I added some clear sequins and popped the entire panel up on a white card base using foam tape.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel