Skip to main content

Layered Stamping with Distress Oxides

Hi crafty friends!!
Kari with you to share this card featuring the Budding Thanks set from Altenew.  Their stamp sets, particular the layering sets are so beautiful, but they can be a bit intimidating.  I didn't let that stop me in purchasing this set, with its coordinating dies.  



There are many inks you could use to ink up these beautiful flowers, but I wanted to use Distress Oxide inks.  They are great for full coverage inking since there is a fusion of dye and pigment ink.  

I wanted to keep this card fairly clean and simple, because I wanted that flower to take center stage. 



For my sentiment, I used the set crafty friends also from Altenew.  I also wanted to an "ombre" look to the sentiment as well, so I used both the Worn Lipstick and Candied Apple Distress Oxide inks to achieve that look. I also stamped an additional leaf and die cut its coordinating die and popped it up to give the leaf a little dimension.

I die cut my main panel from MFT's Blueprints 27 die, and to finish the card off, I added some PPP Sparkling Clear Confetti sequins using Ranger Multi Matte Medium.  



Hope this inspires you today to get out your layered sets :)  Thanks for stopping by!!
Kari



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each!

I used my We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool for the first time and loved it! I cut my own Tim Holtz watercolor paper to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by Lawn Fawn Hello Baby with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron Distress Inks.  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things Snuggle Bunnies for the girl and Magical Dragons for the boy.  I colored m…

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog.  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!  
Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards. 
What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.    
For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.  

I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks will work the same.  It&#…

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew, one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog, and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN!

With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products.  
First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set.  

I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI, then turned on the music and sat and colored.

  I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vellum and wrapped it around the card …