Skip to main content

Create Galaxy Background With Dye Inks

Hello, BRI friends!
It's Dana here with another Wednesday inspiration. I can't believe that it's already April and it means I have only 3 more times to share my cards as a design team memeber on this blog. Time flies too fast! For my first card of April, I tried to make galaxy background with dye inks. Let's get started!

To begin, I pulled out my Lawn Fawn dye inks and cold pressed watercolor paper. I ink blended the background from light to dark colors with mini blending tool. I used LF Merman, Plastic Flamingo, Manatee, Narwhal dye inks and Black Soot Distress ink. I then splattered white drawing ink with water using paint brush.

I stamped images from Neat and Tangled Ride With Me Stamp Set onto white card stock with Altenew Permanent Black and colored them with Copic markers. I die cut them using Ride With Me Dies and added highlights with Signo White.

Before foam mounting the images, I heat embossed sentiment from Neat and Tangled Dreams Stamp with Ranger Black Sparkle Embossing Powder. It sparkles very beautifully in different shades of colors, but does not shown well in the picture.

To finish, I adhered embellishments from Studio Katia Silver Foil Crystals and Onyx Crystals here and there using Multi Medium Matte.

Thank you so much for reading this post. Happy crafting!




  1. How gorgeous is this background !


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel