Skip to main content

Welcome Neighbor featuring Concord and 9th


Hello crafty friends! It's Ashlea and today I'm here showing off one of my most favorite stamp and die set as of late. The Laurel Frame stamp set is beautiful and versatile on its own, but when you add the coordinating dies? It becomes a set that you will use over and over and over again. Sometimes I ask if I *really* need the dies when I'm making a purchase and I just knew with this one, that I did. More on that in a bit.



First lets just talk about the beauty that is the stamp set. The wreath itself has two layers which creates interest and depth without being intimidating like some of the 3-4 layer sets that we love. I used Lime Rickey ink by Catherine Pooler for my base of the wreath and then Spruce also by Catherine Pooler for the second layer. The roses have three layers but, honestly, I found they look just a beautiful with just two as well. In fact, for this card I used Limoncello Ink by Catherine Pooler for the base and Tutti Frutti for both the second and third layers. This kept the shape and dimension in the roses but gave just the slightest shading to the final layer. I stamped the roses on a spare piece of card stock so that I could use the die to cut them out and place them into the correct spot with foam tape after I did all the die cutting to add dimension to the wreath.



This is where the die set really begins to shine. There is not only a coordinating die for the outside of the wreath but also one for the inside of the wreath. This leaves an actual wreath for your to add to your cards which creates lots of possibilities for sentiments or designs in the center of the wreath. I decided to score an A2 sized card front every half inch to add some interest to the design without adding color or distraction as I really wanted the wreath to be the star. 



The die set also offers a small sentiment banner, word dies, and leaf dies to add lots of interest to your wreath cards. It really stretches the use of this stamp set and I am always for that!

I hope that you have enjoyed learning a little bit about how I created this card and why I decided to splurge for the stamp AND die set. Concord and 9th always has such innovative designs and this is no different. I'll see you very soon! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each!

I used my We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool for the first time and loved it! I cut my own Tim Holtz watercolor paper to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by Lawn Fawn Hello Baby with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron Distress Inks.  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things Snuggle Bunnies for the girl and Magical Dragons for the boy.  I colored m…

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog.  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!  
Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards. 
What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.    
For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.  

I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks will work the same.  It&#…

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew, one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog, and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN!

With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products.  
First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set.  

I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI, then turned on the music and sat and colored.

  I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vellum and wrapped it around the card …