Skip to main content

Window card using Lawn Fawn stamps and dies

Hello everyone!

Alexandra here . I am stopping by today to share with you how I created this window card using Lawn Fawn stamps and dies.

As always I started stamping the images from Beary happy holidays stamp set and the color them using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. Once my images were colored I tried to decide on the design . Really loved the bears from the Beary holiday stamp set so I wanted to used as much of the images on a card so then I remembered that I had an older stamp set from Lawn Fawn Winter in the Park on my stash that had the bench and the light so it seem the perfect fit for two of my bears (the ones that will enjoy the show )

Now was time to try transfer the card design that I had in my mind to the actual card so I started by taking an A2 card base and inked the inside of the card in order to create a night sky.
then I took the Stitched Hillside Backdrop die and die cut 2 panels one for the front of the card and one for the inside of the card!

From the front card base I cut a window following the line of the die so I could be able to add the acetate piece and later to attach the skating bear. The second die panel I used for the inside as I felt that it will help to ground the scene better , and added the bench , light and the other two bears.

To finish my card I added the sentiment from Snow cool stamp set and that's it the card was done!

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great day!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each!

I used my We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool for the first time and loved it! I cut my own Tim Holtz watercolor paper to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by Lawn Fawn Hello Baby with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron Distress Inks.  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things Snuggle Bunnies for the girl and Magical Dragons for the boy.  I colored m…

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog.  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!  
Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards. 
What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.    
For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.  

I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks will work the same.  It&#…

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew, one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog, and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN!

With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products.  
First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set.  

I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI, then turned on the music and sat and colored.

  I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vellum and wrapped it around the card …