Skip to main content

Oh Gnome!

Happy Friday Friends! It is Dana here today sharing a fun card and tag set using some products from Lawn Fawn.


For my card, I began by creating my background. I used the Lawn Fawn: Mushroom Border Dies for both my row of mushrooms and the grass. I love how both pieces are included with this die set! I mounted these onto a piece of paper from the Lawn Fawn: Watercolor Wishes 6x6 Paper Pad. This is the perfect paper pad for backgrounds...it looks like you watercolored or ink blended the background, but without all of the work.


For my images, I used the Lawn Fawn: Oh Gnome! Stamp Set. I stamped my images with Gina K Designs Jet Black Amalgam Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. Next, I used the Lawn Fawn: Oh Gnome! Lawn Cuts to die cut all of my images. I attached them to my card front with Foam Adhesive. To finish my card, I attached my card panel onto my A2 card base.


Next, I began working on my tags. I used the Lawn Fawn: Mushroom House Dies...these dies create the cutest little mushroom house!! The dies are the perfect size for a card front, though today I decided to use them to create a few tags. They are so easy to put together with a little Lawn Fawn: Glue Tube. Once assembled, I attached them to a little row of chocolates that I placed into a pretzel bag. 


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you find a little time to be creative this weekend!
Enjoy,
Dana




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each!

I used my We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool for the first time and loved it! I cut my own Tim Holtz watercolor paper to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by Lawn Fawn Hello Baby with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron Distress Inks.  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things Snuggle Bunnies for the girl and Magical Dragons for the boy.  I colored m…

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog.  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!  
Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards. 
What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.    
For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.  

I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks will work the same.  It&#…

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew, one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog, and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN!

With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products.  
First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set.  

I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI, then turned on the music and sat and colored.

  I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vellum and wrapped it around the card …