Skip to main content

Have a Spooktacular Day!


Hi everyone! It's the first day of October!  Why not start off with a Halloween card?  Halloween will be here before we know it and I'm so excited to share this card with you!  I've been seeing large full moons on several cards on Instagram so, I thought, why not give it try?

To start, I used a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock cut to A2 size.  Then I masked off a circle using masking paper (I used a circle die but you can use a coffee cup or anything round to trace and cut the mask).  Starting in and moving outward, the panel was ink blended using the following distress oxide inks: milled lavender, shaded lilac,  dusty concord.  I used black soot distress ink (not oxide) for the edges.  I find the black ink is better than the black distress oxide ink for a deep, true black color.  
Then the panel was splatted using white and black gouache mixed with water.  I also added Lawn Fawn liquid star dust for extra sparkle!



After drying, the panel was cut from Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die in the largest size.  Lawn Fawn simple stitched hillside border die and the largest stitched rectangle stackable was used to cut a piece of black cardstock.  Then I added some white ink blending to the top to mimic moonlight on the ground.  A separate piece of black cardstock was cut using an older MFT die-namics tree border die (terribly sorry, but I can not find this die anywhere, please comment if you know the name).
 I glued small pieces of paper colored with markers to add to the windows of the small house on the left.  Using the spooky fence border, I cut a piece of black glitter cardstock. All background elements were adhered to the card base using glue.


Images from spooky village stamp set were stamped on heavy weight card stock using hero arts black dye ink.  Then the images were colored using Copic markers and cut with the coordinating dies.  
The images were adhered with liquid glue.  Glossy accents added to the windows of all the houses for a shiny finish.  Using VersaFine onyx black ink, I stamped a few bats to complete the scene.  
A separate piece of black card stock was white heat embossed with the sentiment from the spooky village stamp set and cut using the everyday sentiment banners die.  The sentiment was adhered using foam tape and the whole card front was mounted on an A2 card base using liquid glue.


Hope you enjoyed this card!  I'm looking forward to sharing with you all next week.  Until then, have a wonderful rest of your week!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each!

I used my We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool for the first time and loved it! I cut my own Tim Holtz watercolor paper to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by Lawn Fawn Hello Baby with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron Distress Inks.  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things Snuggle Bunnies for the girl and Magical Dragons for the boy.  I colored m…

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog.  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!  
Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards. 
What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.    
For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.  

I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks will work the same.  It&#…

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew, one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog, and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN!

With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products.  
First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set.  

I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI, then turned on the music and sat and colored.

  I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vellum and wrapped it around the card …