Skip to main content

Flower Shower Shaker Card and Box


Hello! Today I’m back on the blog with a Mama Elephant project. I made a shaker card using the new Flower Shower stamp set and made a matching Petite Treat Box as well. We’ve had a lot of rain in the Netherlands last week, so this card was totally inspired by it.

For the card I used the Comic Cover Wonky die on some Mermaid cardstock. I stamped pretty much all of the images from Flower Shower with Jet Black Ink and colored them with my Copic Sketch Markers. The colors I used were: R000, R20, 0, C00, C0, C1, C3, N0, N1, N3, N5, E51, E53, E55, E57, V01, V05, V06, V09, BV01, BV02, BV04, BV08, B60, B63, B66, B69, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y19, YR15, YG00, YG01, YG11, YG13, YG17, G24, G28, G29, BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78.

I used the coordinating dies to cut the images out and used a black glaze pen to add some dimension to their eyes. Next I added the images to the Comic Cover Wonky with some liquid glue. Then I put some acetate behind the cover and I added some foam strips to it.

I decided to make an all copic colored background, so I cut some cheap cardstock with the Comic Cover Wonky and traced it on some copic friendly paper. I used a Copic Multi Liner to mark the center of each border, so I’d know where to color, without seeing pencil lines on my card. I let the multi liner dry completely before I erased the pencil lines and started coloring. Once that was done I stamped the sentiment with some Deep Sea Ink. I wend around the edges of the foam tape with an anti static Powder Tool. That way I feel a little more confident about filling it up with shaker material such as star confetti and Chunky Glitter. I closed the panel and after adding it to a card base the card itself was finished.

Now I could work on the Petite Treat Box. I used Mermaid cardstock again to cut out the box parts. For the little rainbow on the top I used Ballet Slipper, Sticky Note and Mermaid cardstock. I also colored the same images from Flower Shower once more. I used some Lawn Fawn Outside in Stitched Square Stackables to cut out four squares of copic friendly paper for the background. I colored those squares the same way as the background of my card. Scor-Tape is my favorite tape to assemble a box like this. Next I added all of the images and added some Glossy Accents on the puddles of rain and raindrops to finish it off. 

And this is the result! A matching card and treat box. I hope you like my project. If you're interested in seeing how I made these two, you can watch the video right here. Have an amazing week!





Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel