Skip to main content

Have a sweet day with Leontine

Hello! Today I thought I'd make a card with some older and some newer sets from Lawn Fawn. It’s perfect for the current Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 105: Fun with food. Here's how I made it.

First I cut a piece of Watercolor Wishes Rainbow paper (Amethyst) with the Simple Stripes: Diagonal die. I glued those strips onto a card base of 5,5" x 4,25". Next I cut some foliage with a piece of  Emerald from the Watercolor Wishes Rainbow paper. I used leaves from Tropical Leaves and Happy Hibiscus. I figured out the placement of each leaf before I used liquid glue to adhere them to the background.

I die cut the ice cream parts from Vanilla Malt cardstock and white cardstock. I used pieces from I Scream, You Scream and Stitched Cupcake. To keep the sprinkles in place, I carefully turned the die cut cardstock over and put some painters tape on the back. That way I could color them with my copic sketch makers: BG23, RV23, Y13 and BV02. After coloring the sprinkles I put another piece of painters tape on top of the sprinkles and transferred them onto the strawberry ice cream without anyt trouble. After removing the first piece of painters tape I put a little liquid glue on the back of the sprinkles before I put them down. I carefully removed the second piece of painters tape and that was it. The cone and ice cream were colored with: RV21, RV23, RV25, E51, E53, E55, E23, E25, E27. I adhered them together with some liquid glue and I used an action wobble in the center of the card and of the ice cream.

For the sentiment I used Scripty Sweet. I cut it out of some white cardstock twice, glued them together and used my copic sketch markers RV21 and RV23 to color it in. I glued the sentiment directly onto the card. Next I heat embossed ‘Hava a…. day’ from Simply Summer Sentiments with white embossing powder on some Chocolate Bar cardstock, that I had already cut into a thin strip. I used an anti-static pouch to make sure the embossing powder only stuck to the clear embossing ink. By the way, that stamp set is now on sale! I cut off the word ‘relaxing’ because I was going to use ‘sweet’ instead. I used some thin glue dots to adhere those strips to the card. To finish everything off I used my Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Gloss Pen on the sprinkles and the large sweet.

I hope you like it. Have an amazing week!



Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel