Skip to main content

Happy Halloween Card

 Happy Spooky Month! Stephanie here with a Lawn Fawn Halloween card! 

I started with an A2 sized card that I cut with Lawn Fawn's Large Stitched Rectangle dies. I created the nighttime sky by using Distress Oxides in Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire and just a bit of Black Soot. I then splattered a little bit of water and Black Soot. I thought it needed a bit more so I added Lawn Fawn's new Fairy Dust Paste with their Starry Sky Stencil

To make the creepy black hills, I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders and used Distress Oxide Pumice Stone to add a little fog. I used Lawn Fawn's Spooky Village stamp set and added some cracks  for extra creepiness. I love the cute little ghosts floating around!

To make my favorite part of this card, the flying little witch, I used the girl from Lawn Fawn's Bicycle Built for Two stamp set. I used the broom from the Booyah stamp set and customized it a little so it would fit the witch. I then used the Swish 'N Pop Pull Tab to give her the ability to fly over the spooky village. I added the finished card to patterned paper and a card base. 

Thanks for so much for joining me and have a wonderful day! 


Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel