Skip to main content

Happy Harvest with Audrey!

Hello all!  Audrey here!  I am so excited to be sharing my first Butterfly Reflections Ink project with you today!  As soon as I got my Lawn Fawn package from BRI, I knew the first stamp set that I would ink up is the new Happy Harvest set!  This little scarecrow just might be my new favorite Lawn Fawn image to date!  He's just so adorable!

I started off with a white A2 card base, and then using the Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangles dies, I diecut a piece of the new Let's Polka in the Dark 6x6 paper using the largest rectangle in the set.  Then I cut another rectangle with the next smallest die, and created my little scene.  I stamped the scarecrow first, and then masked him off and stamped his crows.  I stamped and masked each image, and when everything was masked, I used Tumbled Glass distress ink and an ink blending tool to add some color to the sky.  Before unmasking, I stamp the cornstalk image several times, both  with first and second generation images.  I removed all of the masks and colored the scene with my Copic markers, and added some accents with a white gel pen before popping the panel up on the patterned paper layer, which I adhered flat to the card base.  My final touch was a bow using the new Black Tie Lawn Trimmings, also from the fall/winter collection.

Happy Harvest

I hope you liked my card today!  You can see the entire new Lawn Fawn collection in the store here.

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel