Skip to main content

A sparkly Christmas!


Hi Everyone!  I'm back today sharing with you a super fun and sparkly card for the holidays!  Below is a supply list to help you find all of the goodies I used to create this card.


Supply list:

Studio Katia Iridescent Stars
Pretty Pink Posh 3mm sparkling clear sequins
Pretty Pink Posh Friendship confetti mix
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen crystal clear
Mama Elephant Me and My Yeti
Mama Elephant Me and My Yeti coordinating die
Mama Elephant Sentiments from a Yeti & coordinating die
Sizzix Framelites Circle
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Frames
We R Memory Keepers Gemstone Embossing folder
Black cardstock
Pink cardstock
Acrylic paint
Versafine Onyx black ink
Foam squares
Foam tape

Starting with a piece of black cardstock cut to A2 size, acrylic paints mixed with water (colors used: light pink, pink and violet ) were splattered in a diagonal pattern.  Then the piece was set aside to dry for several hours.  After the background was dry, I used an embossing folder to emboss the entire panel.  The embossed panel was then run though the die cut machine to flatten it out.  Then a border was cut using the stitched rectangle frames die and pink cardstock.



Images from me and my yeti and sentiments from a yeti were stamped using VersaFine ink on piece of Bristol smooth cardstock.  The images were then colored using zig clean color brush pens and a water brush.  After the images were dry, they were cut using the coordinating dies.

A circle die was used to cut the center opening of the ink-splattered background panel.  Then I mounted the panel using foam tape and adhered it to another piece of A2 cardstock.  The center cut circle piece was then adhered to the back of the panel.  I mounted the yeti to the card front using foam squares.  Then the border was adhered to the card front using liquid glue.



Several sequins and stars were then glued to the front of the card.  A white gel pen was added for accents and sparkle pen was used on the sentiment for added sparkle!  The entire card front was then adhered to an A2 card base using liquid glue.



Hope you enjoyed this card!  I had so much fun creating this one!  Have a lovely rest of your day and thanks so much for stopping by!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each!

I used my We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool for the first time and loved it! I cut my own Tim Holtz watercolor paper to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by Lawn Fawn Hello Baby with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron Distress Inks.  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things Snuggle Bunnies for the girl and Magical Dragons for the boy.  I colored m…

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog.  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!  
Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards. 
What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.    
For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.  

I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks will work the same.  It&#…

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew, one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog, and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN!

With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products.  
First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set.  

I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI, then turned on the music and sat and colored.

  I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vellum and wrapped it around the card …