Skip to main content

Trick or Treat!


Hi Friends!  I'm so happy to be sharing this October mood board inspired card with you today!  

To create this card, I first cut a piece of Neenah white cardstock using the largest stitched rectangle die.  Then I stamped and masked off the background images using copic-friendly black ink.  The haunted house was first stamped from the Happy Haunting stamp set.  Then, I masked the house using masking paper and stamped the images of two trees from critters in the forest stamp set.  I masked off the trees and then ink blended a sky using the following distress oxide inks (top to bottom): chipped sapphire, shaded lilac and tumbled glass.  Distress oxide inks in seedless preserves and dusty concord added to the bottom edge for ground color.  The background was splattered using water, white acrylic ink and black acrylic ink.

Next, I unmasked the images and colored them using copic markers.  Images from fox costumes before n' afters were stamped, colored and cut using the coordinating dies.  White gel pen used to add accents to the images.  Foam squares used to pop up the critter images and the entire card front was mounted to a white A2 card base.  The trick or treat border die was cut from white cardstock and glued to the front of the card with the edges cut using scissors.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope this card inspires you to use the mood board colors and some of the older sets in your stash!


Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel